I’ve decided to take a break from my blog. I’m toying with the idea of a break, or a permanent deactivation of my blog. I guess you take a break from a relationship when you’re nervous that it’s not working but you don’t want to imagine life without it.
Here are the reasons for why I’m taking a break from this blog.
1. I’m not inspired. I feel my content is repetitive and boring. Perhaps it’s my subject matter, but how much can I talk about decluttering? I’m not a minimalist, I cannot preach it. I’m trying to pare down my life, but this is paring down the words and stuff I have to say too! By this, I don’t mean minimalists are boring, but perhaps I’m limiting myself to a scope that I don’t have expertise on.
2. A lot of people tell me I should have more focus on my blog. If it’s a blog about decluttering, then blog about decluttering. Don’t blog about your shopping trip to Hong Kong! (man that was fun!) The point of the blog, though is not really so much to be some declutter guru, but to make myself happy. It’s a means for me to write every day, to write anything, no matter how inane it might be! I don’t really feel the need to justify this to people, but since I’m typing it out, I guess I subconsciously do feel this need.
3. I’m off to the Philippines in the next few days. Hopefully a new place and space will give me lots of inspiration.
4. I may want to focus on more projects offline, then online.
5. I might want to unplug myself from social media totally. Right now, my three avenues are my email, my Twitter and my blog. It seems slightly hypocritical to swear off social media and talk about privacy when I have a blog (but it’s different, I swear!)
6. The blog is stressing me out. It’s existing, pulsating, but I feel like I’m not doing it any justice. When I don’t write, I feel guilty. When I write, I feel like I’m writing nonsense. I need to write more pieces of quality, pieces that I’m proud of myself. I don’t want to write just for the sake of writing.
7. This month is a crazy busy month for me, and maybe it’s okay to take a break sometimes.
So there you have it, my reasons for being on a break (or break up) with my blog.
Have a good week ahead, guys!